Update of the conditions of entry in The Islands of Tahiti from May 18th, 2022
In response to improving health conditions, the State and local authorities have further eased the requirements for entry into French Polynesia.
FOR TRAVELLERS DEPARTING FROM HONOLULU, LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANCISCO, SEATTLE, NOUMEA AND AUCKLAND TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
VACCINATED TRAVELERS: Tests are no longer required
- Individuals with a completed vaccination schedule are now exempt from the requirement to take an antigen or RT-PCR test prior to arrival.
- Important: When the traveller is over 18 years old, in order for the vaccination schedule to be recognized as complete beyond 9 months, he must have received an additional dose (booster).
UNVACCINATED TRAVELERS: Tests are maintained and the declaration of compelling reasons is no longer required (except in the orange zone)
- Unvaccinated travellers over 12 years of age coming from a country classified in green or orange zone and going to French Polynesia will have to perform an RT-PCR test less than 72 hours or an antigen test in less than 48 hours prior to departure.
- The declaration of compelling reasons will be removedfor travellers aged 12 years and older who are unvaccinated or who have an incomplete vaccination schedule.
- Minors under 12 years of age are also exempt from declaring a compelling reason and from testingunder French regulations.
- However, unvaccinated travellers travelling between French Polynesia and countries classified in the orange zone(in both directions) are still subject to a declaration of compelling reasons controlled by the airline company upon boarding.
REMINDER: On departure from French Polynesia, travellers must comply with their country’s entry restrictions and be tested in some cases.
Find the updated entry and stay conditions below and on our website:
With 118 equally as beautiful islands to choose from, there’s an abundance of accommodation options from luxurious overwater bungalows, guesthouses run by locals, catamarans and boutique cruise lines, and even private islands. The Islands of Tahiti are uniquely well-suited for travel in a post-pandemic world. Travellers visiting the islands can feel confident in choosing the destination for their next trip, knowing that they can truly relax amid